American International Recruitment Council (AIRC)
Summer Internship 2019
"My internship with AIRC provided me with an incredible hands-on experience and allowed me to dive deeper into my passion for education and communications. The AIRC staff made me feel like a valuable member of the team by investing in my growth and helping me to achieve my goals. Through this internship, I had the opportunity to learn how a nonprofit operated and how to be a member of a hardworking team. I had an amazing time here and would recommend this internship to anyone in a heartbeat."
-Amy, Fall 2017 Intern
"My internship with AIRC surpassed all of my expectations as far as the opportunities it gave me to learn and grow in my communications skills, actively contribute to a well-organized and beneficial non-profit, and participate in the growth and daily operations of a great organization. I appreciated the staff members and their efforts to provide the most beneficial experience for me as I was able to be a part of a knowledgeable and hard-working team. I know the knowledge, skills, and connections I’ve gained this summer will benefit me in the years to come!"
-Nicole Summer 2018 Intern
Position Title: Marketing/Communications/Int'l Education Intern
Location: Bethesda, MD
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Availability: May 2019-August 2019
AIRC is a small, dynamic non-profit standards organization with a global mission in support of international student mobility. We are seeking an intern for the Summer of 2019 with the skills to carry out the following responsibilities.
- Social Networking and Email Campaign:
- Assist in the creation and monitoring of a social media content for AIRC members via Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn
- Assist in the creation of email campaigns for AIRC members and prospective members.
- Event and Conference Planning:
- Assist with registration, materials, and logisitics for the AIRC Annual Conference
- Assist with logistical planning for workshops, and other activities as needed
- Member outreach
- Conduct research on potential members and assist with outreach
- Conduct research on compliance issues regarding AIRC Certification
- Add to and maintain the member on-line Directory
- On-Line Resource Library
- Other duties as assigned
- Create signage, newsletters, email campaigns, online promotions, etc.
- Provide support to social media efforts to target new audiences.
- Assist with conference and special events to promote organization and increase attendance.
- Research and analyze data.
- Collaborate on presentations for workshops and other events.
- Related study areas in communications, public relations, international relations, international education, non-profit management or related fields.
- Experience in social media, writing emails and general editing skills,
-Familiarity using Google platform and Apple hardware
- Ability to work under limited supervision
- Ability to meet deadlines
To ApplySend application, which includes your resume, cover letter and 1 to 2 page writing sample to Catherine Marte, Member Services Coordinator, Catherine.Marte@airc-education.org Applicants with appropriate backgrounds will be interviewed by phone.