American International Recruitment Council (AIRC)
Summer and Fall Internship 2017
Position Title: Communication and Events Intern
Location: Bethesda, MD
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Availability: Now through December 15, 2017
AIRC is a small, dynamic non-profit standards organization with a global mission in support of international student mobility. We are seeking an intern for the summer and fall of 2017 with the skills to carry out the following responsibilities.
- Social Networking:
- Assist in the creation and monitoring of a sustainable social networking capacity for AIRC institutional and agency members
- Event Planning
- Assist with registration, lists and materials for the AIRC Annual Conference
- Conference Planning:
- Assist with logistical planning for the AIRC annual conference, workshops, and other activities
- Member outreach
- Conduct research on potential members and assist with outreach
- Compliance Research
- Conduct research on compliance issues regarding AIRC Certification
- Reviewing agency applications for institutional prospects
- Member on-line Directory
- On-Line Resource Library
- Other duties as assigned
- Related study areas in communications, public relations, international relations, international education, non-profit management or related fields.
- Experience in social media, writing emails and general editing skills,
-Familiarity using Google platform and Apple hardware
- Ability to work under limited supervision
- Ability to meet deadlines
To ApplySend application, which includes your resume, cover letter and 1 to 2 page writing sample to Catherine Marte, Member Services Coordinator, Catherine.Marte@airc-education.org Applicants with appropriate backgrounds will be interviewed by phone.
"My internship with AIRC provided me with an incredible hands-on experience and allowed me to dive deeper into my passion for education and communications. The AIRC staff made me feel like a valuable member of the team by investing in my growth and helping me to achieve my goals. Through this internship, I had the opportunity to learn how a nonprofit operated and how to be a member of a hardworking team. I had an amazing time here and would recommend this internship to anyone in a heartbeat."
-Amy, Fall 2017 Intern