Who We Are
The American International Recruitment Council (AIRC) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit membership association recognized by the U.S. Department of Justice and the Federal Trade Commission as a Standards Development Organization (SDO).
- AIRC was founded in 2008 by senior U.S. education leaders to safeguard the interests of both international students and enrolling institutions through the promotion of ethical, standards-based international recruitment strategies.
- The only professional education membership association focused solely on issues relating to international student recruitment
- The only provider of independent certification of recruitment agencies based on a rigorous accreditation model
- AIRC’s members work together to establish quality standards for international student placement in the United States.
AIRC membership is composed of representatives from:
- Accredited U.S. post-secondary institutions,
- Pathway programs providers
- AIRC Certified student recruitment agencies,
- Secondary schools
- Non-U.S. educational institutions
AIRC works to safeguard the interests of both international students and enrolling institutions through the promotion of ethical, standards-based international recruitment strategies. Such standards are used successfully by a range of associations concerned with the intersection of business and professional practice. Read more...
AIRC believes that the internationalization of U.S. institutions of higher education is a vital step to their educational missions. This process is best served by attracting students from other countries who are well matched to the institution and whose expectations are met by transparent knowledge of the institution’s strengths and weaknesses. Read more...
AIRC is governed by a Board of Directors. The association is administered by an executive director and staff at its Bethesda, MD based office.
AIRC Bylaws (2015 Update)
Logo Use Disclosure
Social Media Policy
AIRC Member Facts: