AIRC members are part of a dynamic network committed to the professionalism of international student recruitment. Dedicated to serving its members, AIRC opens doors, provides unique opportunities, advances knowledge, and offers comprehensive resources to higher education professionals in the field.
General Benefits for All AIRC Members include:
- Reduced registration fees for AIRC-sponsored meetings and events
- Access to AIRC online directory of all members, including institutional contacts for agencies and agency contacts for institutions
- Access to sample institutional/agency contracts, documented case studies, and policy statement and other tools to help plan and manage your international recruitment
- Monthly e-newsletter containing AIRC updates and international student recruitment issues
- Sponsor discounts
- Enhanced eligibility to present at AIRC-sponsored meetings and events
- Committee participation
- Participation in Member-only LinkedIn discussion group
AIRC institutional membership is open to any U.S. accredited post-secondary educational institution provided that the institutional accreditor is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education or the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).
Additional Benefits for Institutional Members:
- Voting Privileges
- Opportunity to serve on the AIRC Board of Directors
- Opportunity to participate on the Certification Commission and to serve as an external reviewer
- Privilege to display AIRC institutional logo on institution’s website and promotional materials
For the purposes of AIRC membership and certification, an agency is defined as an organization, company, or association that recruits and places non-resident U.S. students into accredited colleges, universities, and other educational institutions on a commercial ‘fee for service’ basis.
AIRC Certification and Agency Membership
Open to recruitment agencies which have successfully achieved AIRC Certification. Agencies and other AIRC Members are encouraged to read and understand the AIRC Certification Process and Standards.
Additional Benefits for AIRC Certified Agencies:
Eligibility to serve on the AIRC Board of Directors
Privilege to display AIRC-certification logo on agency website and promotional materials
Read more about AIRC Certification for Agencies
Pathway Program MembershipOpen to organizations providing or organizing credit bearing post-secondary academic pathway programs for international students through contractual arrangements with U.S. accredited post-secondary educational institution, provided that the accreditor is recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) or the U.S. Department of Education.
Pathway Program organizations may only use agent networks for recruitment into their own programs, and to those of their pathway partners following a student’s successful completion of a pathway program.
Additional Benefits for Pathway Program Members:
Opportunity to participate on the AIRC Certification Commission
Privilege to display AIRC institutional logo on institution’s website and promotional materials
Read more about Pathway Membership
Affiliate Institutional Membership
An affiliated institutional member may not also function as a recruitment agency or directly own or operate a recruitment agency.
Learn more about Affiliate Institutional membership