Call For Comments On Certified Agencies
The AIRC™ Certification process provides an opportunity for third parties, independent of a Certified Agency, to make written comments on whether, in their opinion, the organization meets AIRC™ Certification Standards.
Comments are strictly confidential and are not publicly shared.
Who May Comment
- Higher education institutions and programs
- Governmental or non-governmental organizations
AIRC welcomes both supportive comments and complaints regarding any of its certified agencies. All comments must be written and submitted through one of the formats described in the column to the right. Oral complaints will not be accepted. All comments will be provided to the specified agency for their review and response.
Submitted comments must meet the following guidelines:
- If the comment is a complaint the complainant provides documentation
that s/he has made a good faith effort to follow the proscribed
complaint/grievance procedures of the certified agency against which the
complaint is filed.
- The comment must be in reference to a specific AIRC Certified Agency.
- The comment must relate to agency activity that occurred after it formally applied for AIRC certification and must have arisen from events that occurred within the previous 24 months.
- The comment must be signed. Anonymous comments will not be accepted. However the individual making the comment may request that his or name not be revealed when the comment is transmitted to the agency in question.
- The comment must relate to students who are either seeking admission to or currently placed at accredited U.S. institutions only.
- The comment may relate to activities which have taken place anywhere in the world.
- To the extent feasible the comment must make reference to the AIRC Standard, policy or procedure that has been violated. View AIRC Standards: AIRC Certification Standards (Modified 2012)
- The comment must be accompanied by written documentation.
- No complaint will be considered that is being adjudicated in a separate AIRC process. A complaint that is the subject of or related to a non-AIRC proceeding may be considered at AIRC’s discretion.
After review by AIRC staff to determine relevancy to the AIRC™ Certification Standards, written comments will be provided to the Certification Board with the agency’s response.
Submit a Comment
- Submit via the form on the left
- Submit via Email — (Include Call for Comments - AIRC Certified Agency Applicant Name - Confidential in the subject line)
- Submit via Fax (1) 240 547 6400
- Submit via Mail:
4710 Rosedale Avenue
Bethesda, Maryland 20814 USA