Who We Are
The American International Recruitment Council (AIRC) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit membership association recognized by the U.S. Department of Justice and the Federal Trade Commission as a Standards Development Organization (SDO).
- AIRC was founded in 2008 by senior U.S. education leaders to safeguard the interests of both international students and enrolling institutions through the promotion of ethical, standards-based international recruitment strategies.
- The only professional education membership association focused solely on issues relating to international student recruitment
- The only provider of independent certification of recruitment agencies based on a rigorous accreditation model
- AIRC’s members work together to establish quality standards for international student placement in the United States.
AIRC membership is composed of representatives from:
- Accredited U.S. post-secondary institutions,
- Pathway programs providers
- AIRC Certified student recruitment agencies,
- Secondary schools
- Non-U.S. educational institutions
AIRC works to safeguard the interests of both international students and enrolling institutions through the promotion of ethical, standards-based international recruitment strategies. Such standards are used successfully by a range of associations concerned with the intersection of business and professional practice. Read more...
AIRC believes that the internationalization of U.S. institutions of higher education is a vital step to their educational missions. This process is best served by attracting students from other countries who are well matched to the institution and whose expectations are met by transparent knowledge of the institution’s strengths and weaknesses. Read more...
AIRC is governed by a Board of Directors. The association is administered by an executive director and staff at its Bethesda, MD based office.
AIRC Member Facts:
- 260 Institutional Members
- 45 States
- 3 U.S. institutions based abroad
- 76 Certified Agencies
- Agency offices in more than 300 cities in 90 countries
- 6 Pathway Programs with 21 partner institutions
- 9 Affiliated Institutional Members in 4 countries
AIRC Bylaws (2015 Update)
Logo Use Disclosure
AIRC®, AMERICAN INTERNATIONAL RECRUITMENT COUNCIL® and AIRC's other trademarks, service marks, certification marks, collective membership marks, logos and trade dress used on the website are property of AIRC and are protected by state and federal trademark laws, and must only be used for personal, non-commercial viewing purposes. In addition, AIRC's certification mark may only be used by entities certified by AIRC. The certification process is described in detail here. AIRC's collective membership mark may only be used by official AIRC members in good standing and current in their membership fees. Other trademarks may appear on the website with permission from their respective owners. Your unauthorized use of trademarks appearing on the website or any other trademarks owned by AIRC may constitute trademark infringement and fraud, which could subject you to substantial civil penalties and criminal prosecution.
Social Media Policy
Click here to view the AIRC Social Media Policy.